New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Goldendict for Android?

General discussion

Goldendict for Android?

Postby dredd » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:58 pm

UPD: GoldenDict for Android is now available.

Is anybody planning to implement a goldendict version for Android?
dredd

Re: Goldendict for Android?

Postby ikm » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:35 pm

yes. there is no schedule, though.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby dredd » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:43 pm

Wow that's perfect! looking forward to it!
Anyway for those of you who are in the same situation as me (bought recently an android device)
I recently tried all the available applications on the market..
1 - ColorDict support multilanguage (meaning it will display as much as dictionaries as you like) and support stardicts format..
So if you for instance want to use bgl dictionaries.. you need to convert them with dictconv (search on the web) but... this app doesnt support yet html entries majority of bgl converted files and if you have many....it's unusable..
2 - Modict supports multilanguage and many other functions but in the free version it is limited to 5 dictionaries Even though it displays many errors in the entries such as $ $ or wrong numbers it does the job and entries are after all good!
3 - WordMate doesn't support multilanguage you can only use one dictionary at a time but it's easy to switch between dictionaries... and display errors are more or less like those in MoDict... but unlike Modict it's free and light (which is why i use it) though i would prefer having multidictionaries display
The other apps which i didn't mention and that support stardict format do not display entries as wanted (i.e. you see html tags) making them unbearable to use..
Hope it helps
cheers!
dredd

Postby C2BlEv » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:11 am

That's an idea. ikm, you could make some $$ if you make GD versions for Android or iPhone/iPad and sell them in their marketplace.
C2BlEv
Модератор

Postby dredd » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:41 pm

apparently i was wrong..!
they do (all i suppose) support html (kind of) it's just that the ifo file has sametypesequence=n if you put sametypesequence=h then they are all able to read your bgl converted to dict files almost like in goldendict! Only lacks image image support.
So by now if you are patient enough you just have to convert all your dictionaries to stardict and you are fine :)
dredd

Postby ikm » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:45 am

GoldenDict is now available on the Android market.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby jeter17 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:40 pm

Will the iPhone version be released?
jeter17

Postby ikm » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:56 pm

May be, some day.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Return to General