New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

more buttons in popup window? e.g. look up, close, back

General discussion

more buttons in popup window? e.g. look up, close, back

Postby fasness » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:24 pm

While using goldenDict, I feel more buttons at popup window would make this software better. Can we put more buttons there.

1st, Close button X . Sometime the popup window will stay on top forever, especially when scanned something odd. We need to close the popup manually.

2nd, Look up: input field. When comparing words, chorea, Korea and career, I really want to change the spelling manually

3rd, back and forward buttons might be useful, their absence is ok.
fasness

Re: more buttons in popup window? e.g. look up, close, back

Postby DOCENKO Dmitrijo » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:29 pm

I believe GoldenDict should have only one window - the same for main window, popup window and window with translation of word in clipboard. This window should be the main window of the program opening for whole screen. Such approach is easier to implement, understand, use and master.
When you want to translate a word you:
1) select it and press key combination;
or
2) hold down a key combination and hover mouse pointer over a word;
or
3) open main window of the program and type in (or paste) the word.
In all 3 cases you should see translation in the same, main window of the program with many control elements, such as Look up field, back, forward, dictionaries, close button etc.
DOCENKO Dmitrijo

Return to General