New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Can't get anything in English.

General discussion

Can't get anything in English.

Postby Unclefred » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:52 pm

I thought I was getting a dictionary where I could get definitions and spelling of English words. However when I enter a word it gives me ... something in Emglish just for a second or two, and before I can read it, I've got a huge display of information in a foreign language that I know nothing about. I specified in the Preferences that the "Interface Language" be English, but even after restarting the program, I still get something that looks like Russian, but I don't speak Russian so I cannot be sure. What is this and how can I use it, please?
Unclefred

Re: Can't get anything in English.

Postby johnrigdon » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:18 pm

Golden Dict is a dictionary management system, not a dictionary itself. There are several demo dictionaries installed, but you may use any of a myriad of local and on-line dictionaries.

If you are looking for an English dictionary with definitions only, check out the available ones on my web site. I have both free and paid versions there.

http://www.krengle.net/translate/pmwiki.php?n=Dictionary.Home
johnrigdon

Return to General