New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

How to activate Audio?

General discussion

How to activate Audio?

Postby JoeyDalton » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:01 am

Goldendict is a wonderful application, no problems at all ... except for the audio.
I did not succeed in activating the (auto) pronunciation function, no sound whatever.

I use Windows Vista Business SP2.
Any help is much appreciated.

Regards
Joey.
JoeyDalton

Re: How to activate Audio?

Postby Gloggy » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:28 am

GoldenDict plays some sound only with those dictionaries that have sound files specified in them. For DSL-type dictionaries, the WAV files need to be at the same place where the main DSL file (or in properly named ZIP archive). Another possibility is to use *.LSA files from Lingvo distribution, GoldenDict understands those as well.

What kind of dictionaries do you have?

Or, maybe, you'd like to have Text-to-speech kind of functionality (which is not yet supported in GolnedDict)?
Gloggy
Модератор

Postby highwind » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:14 pm

hi it's a good software ,but i met the same problem here and i'm using ubuntu9.04 and can this dict work with TTS in linux?
highwind

Postby shula » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:54 am

I am interested in text-to-speech (TTS) functionality.

I have implemented for myself a small program (in VB6 and in Python) to use SAPI4 and SAPI5 to say words in various languages from the command line but I don't know how to integrate it into GD's dialogs. I don't mind releasing it as GPL.

preferably, there will be a button like "Say it", which will send the word & language code to the speech module.

The easy thing to program is sending language ID & sentence to a UTF-8 command line, and then have the program path & parameters set in GD settings dialog.

the complicated thing is implementing it in GD, but then it's difficult to maintain portability, since Linux TTS modules are quite different (i.e. no SAPIx), and since voice files for each language can be found only for one of either SAPI4 -or- SAPI5, not both, and probably not for free.

in linux there are various command line programs to speech words, e.g. flite.
shula

Return to General