New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

How to change the sound icon

General discussion

How to change the sound icon

Postby littlestone » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:01 pm

GD is really a best dictionary. I always update the version to the lastest one. But I prefer the old sound icon (a small louder) to the new one in the version 1.5.0-RC-156-g8a20ec7. How can I change the sound icon in the lastest version?
littlestone

Re: How to change the sound icon

Postby Tvangeste » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:18 pm

You should be proud of yourself, you are probably the ONLY person on the entire Earth that liked the old icon! :)

You can adjust the article-style.css file in the GoldenDict's configuration folder (Menu -> Help -> Configuration Folder), create the file if it is not there.

And put the following into it:

Code: Select all
.dsl_s_wav img, .lsa_play img, .forvo_play img[alt="Play"],  .voiceengines_play img {
    display: none;
}

.dsl_s_wav a, .lsa_play td:nth-of-type(1) a, .forvo_play td:nth-of-type(1) a, .voiceengines_play td:nth-of-type(1) a {
    display: inline-block;
    width: 22px;
    height: 22px;
    background: url('qrcx://localhost/icons/playsound_color.png') no-repeat center;
    vertical-align: text-bottom;
    -webkit-user-select: none;
    user-select: none;
}
Tvangeste

Postby littlestone » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:51 am

Many thanks for Tvangeste's help. It succeeds! Perhaps I will like the new sound icon in the future :)
littlestone

Postby Allatius » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:20 am

First, thank you for all guys' gorgeous work.

The new icon is nicer than the old one, but someone like me may want another icon.
Can I change the sound icon to another customized one, without reading the source code and rebuilding the .exe or something? I didn't find the playsound_color.png in the Goldendict folder, which I guess is zipped in the .exe or .dll file.
Allatius

Postby chulai » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:24 pm

Allatius wrote:First, thank you for all guys' gorgeous work.

The new icon is nicer than the old one, but someone like me may want another icon.
Can I change the sound icon to another customized one, without reading the source code and rebuilding the .exe or something? I didn't find the playsound_color.png in the Goldendict folder, which I guess is zipped in the .exe or .dll file.

Allatius, you don't have to read the source code, neither you have to do anything with the .exe file. Follow the instructions above or this one: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2105

You have to provide your own custom icon and this file has to be named "playsound_color.png". Copy that file to the same folder as your custom CSS file.

Regards,
Chulai
chulai

Postby Allatius » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:59 pm

chulai wrote:
Allatius wrote:First, thank you for all guys' gorgeous work.

Allatius, you don't have to read the source code, neither you have to do anything with the .exe file. Follow the instructions above or this one: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2105

You have to provide your own custom icon and this file has to be named "playsound_color.png". Copy that file to the same folder as your custom CSS file.

Regards,
Chulai

Thank you! It really works. Here is my screenshot.
thanks.png
thanks.png (70.46 KiB) Viewed 12675 times

Maybe ugly for others, but it's acceptable for me.
BTW, thank you guys again.
Allatius

Return to General