New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Help us translate GoldenDict 1.5 to your language!

General discussion

Re: Help us translate GoldenDict 1.5 to your language!

Postby chulai » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:20 am

timonwong wrote:Thanks for you clarification, the translation is now completed.

Added to 1.5-dev branch. Thanks!
chulai

Postby dg333 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:40 pm

timonwong wrote:Hi, chulai, I'm stuck with translation of "BelarusianTranslit":

There are three sentences:
1. Belarusian transliteration from latin to cyrillic (classic orthography)
2. Belarusian transliteration from latin to cyrillic (school orthography)
3. Belarusian transliteration (smoothes out the difference between classic and school orthography in cyrillic)

This is quite a wrong view. The Belarusian language has used the Latin alphabet for centuries, so it’s not a transliteration. The XX-century version of Łacinka developed in parallel with Taraškievica (the classic Cyrillic orthography), see for example the works of Jan Stankievič, and was never linked to Narkamaŭka (the modern official orthography).
dg333

Postby Tvangeste » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:55 pm

dg333 wrote:This is quite a wrong view. The Belarusian language has used the Latin alphabet for centuries, so it’s not a transliteration.

Indeed, it is not a transliteration. But I think you're missing the point here. These 3 entries are specifically to deal with Cyrillic dictionaries/headwords, but to enter them in the Latin alphabet.

Naturally, there is no need for this if you use dictionaries that are already in Latin alphabet.

But let's summon the author of those changes (@quendimax) and ask him directly! :)
Tvangeste

Postby quendimax » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:41 am

dg333 wrote:The Belarusian language has used the Latin alphabet for centuries, so it’s not a transliteration.

Yes, I agree. But my target is:

Tvangeste wrote:These 3 entries are specifically to deal with Cyrillic dictionaries/headwords, but to enter them in the Latin alphabet.

Only the third item was not created for Latin alphabet, but for the above two orthographies in Cyrrilic. For example. If you write жыццё, GoldenDict shows articles for жыццё and жыцьцё.
quendimax

Postby dg333 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:40 am

quendimax wrote:…If you write жыццё, GoldenDict shows articles for жыццё and жыцьцё.

I’m afraid, I’m really missing something, but when I type in жыццё, GD 1.5.0-RC-28-g3082556 shows only жыццё, as well as жыццёвасць, and when I type in жыцьцё, GD shows жыцьцё, жыцьцёвы, жыцьцёлюбівы.
dg333

Postby quendimax » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:08 am

dg333 wrote:I’m afraid, I’m really missing something, but when I type in жыццё, GD 1.5.0-RC-28-g3082556 shows only жыццё, as well as жыццёвасць, and when I type in жыцьцё, GD shows жыцьцё, жыцьцёвы, жыцьцёлюбівы.

It works for me. Maybe you forgot to add the transliteration dictionary in your dictionary group where you looked up the word.
quendimax

Postby dg333 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:42 am

Oops, it wasn’t enabled. Thanks for the tip! Now, I better understand the issue. I’d suggest to amend the Belarusian transliteration with no-diacritics variants to make GD recognize not only žyccio or žyćcio, but also zhyccio and zyccio.
dg333

Postby berdymurad » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:54 am

Hi chulai!
I failed to upload TS file here to this form (this is a complete Turkmen language translation for GoldenDict).
I replied to your first post, clicked on "Upload attachment", then "Add the file". But in the end I received this message: "The extension ts is not allowed."
Sorry if my question is strange, I am completely new to this forum. I also looked to GitHub, but it seemed too complicated for me to add my translation there.
I would appreciate your help with uploading the Turkmen translation to this forum and finally adding it to new GoldenDict 1.5.
Thanks!
Berdy
berdymurad

Postby Tvangeste » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:01 am

berdymurad wrote:Hi chulai!
I failed to upload TS file here to this form (this is a complete Turkmen language translation for GoldenDict).

Please try to zip the translation and attach it one more time.
Tvangeste

Postby berdymurad » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:14 am

Dear Tvangeste and Chulai,
Thanks for advise. This time I managed to attach Turkmen translation TS file in archive here with this reply.
I hope you can now proceed with adding the Turkmen language support to GoldenDict 1.5.
If anything is missing, please let me know.
Some information about me: I am working for ICT project where we introduce Turkmen language localizations of well-known open-source software for education (So I have experience in translating from English to Turkmen).
Berdy
Attachments
tk_TM.rar
Turkmen language translation file
(16.24 KiB) Downloaded 1248 times
berdymurad

PreviousNext

Return to General