New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Use English but changes to Russian

General discussion

Use English but changes to Russian

Postby Peacemakerone » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:44 pm

I got a problem. I open the program and then type in a word. I click on that word and then about 3 to 4 seconds later a Russian website replaces the definition page ... with some kind of Russian dating service ... all of the content in Russian. I click on another word and the same thing happens. What's wrong? I do not know.
Peacemakerone

Re: Use English but changes to Russian

Postby Tvangeste » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:29 pm

I assume you're using the online dictionaries?

Most probably you have a virus or malware on your PC that triggers this behavior. Try some antivirus scans and see if anything found.

Another possibility is hacked router, but this is rather rare.
Tvangeste

Postby Peacemakerone » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:00 pm

No virus or anything of the sort, I scanned for it. So I went and reinstalled the same software and then typed in Hacker. English definition popped up for 3 to 4 seconds then is replaced with a Russian site. Never seen anything like this before as I have had my fail share of viruses and the such. I think hackers are getting smarter my friend ... finding ways to hack unlike anything before. They are getting pretty creative.

There are other dictionary programs out there besides this one although I think this one is one of the best as I have used it before with no troubles. I am using Windows 7 and I have no problems with any other software on my computer ... at the moment. So ... I do not know what else to say but to move on. Thanks for your time and trouble.
Peacemakerone

Postby Peacemakerone » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:40 pm

Ok ... I found a fix to the problem I have. I set the preferences to default and now no more Russian. However ... two other problems I have are no sound and no pictures when, for instance, I type in sunrise. A picture holder is there but there is a question mark instead of a pic. I tried to use the different sound settings but the sound icon remains gray.
Peacemakerone

Return to General