New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Cannot start after hotkeys change

General discussion

Cannot start after hotkeys change

Postby iak » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:39 am

After I change the pop-up hotkey to "ctrl + l", goldendict never start.
I completely uninstall the software using" sudo apt-get –-purge remove goldendict" and reinstall it, however, the problem still remains.
How to fix it? Many thanks.
iak

Re: Cannot start after hotkeys change

Postby Tvangeste » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:10 am

Please specify your OS. I assume it is some kind of Linux (let me guess, Ubuntu 13.04?). What version exactly? What error do you see when you try to launch GoldenDict?

GoldenDict's configuration file is in ~/.goldendict/config. Open it in a text editor, it is a plain old XML file and adjust the shortcut there, or you might as well just delete the config file and GoldenDict will recreate the default configuration file from scratch.
Tvangeste

Re: Cannot start after hotkeys change

Postby Tvangeste » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:25 pm

The bug has just been fixed in the main GoldenDict git repository.

You could either build GoldenDict from sources or you could use my pre-built packages, courtesy of the awesome service from openSUSE:
http://software.opensuse.org/download.h ... goldendict

Just select your distro (Ubuntu for Ubuntu/Xubuntu/Lubuntu) and follow instructions for your Ubuntu version to add the new repository. Then just regular 'apt-get update' and 'apt-get install goldendict'.
Tvangeste

Return to General