New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

[SOLVED] Does Goldendict knows removing the ending, say, "s"

General discussion

[SOLVED] Does Goldendict knows removing the ending, say, "s"

Postby bitbit » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:16 pm

First of all, a big thanks to all developers who create such a wonder piece of software for all of us.

I wonder if Goldendict already has this feature but I don't know how to do it in the preference setting, or it is not yet there. That is, for example, the word "games"; does Goldendict knows how to truncate the ending-s and check for the word "game". Of course, the same feature should include handling of ending-ed, ly, etc.

It is especially useful when using Scan Popup. You click the word, instead of editing the top-left box most of the time, one gets the result needed instantly!
Last edited by bitbit on Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
bitbit

Re: Does Goldendict knows removing the ending, say, "s"

Postby dg333 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:06 pm

It’s possible if you install/enable Hunspell dictionaries for respective languages.
dg333

Re: Does Goldendict knows removing the ending, say, "s"

Postby bitbit » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:03 am

Thanks dg333, I notice the existence of something named Hunspell but never know it plays the magic!

Just a note for late comers who look for this wonderful feature, for Goldendict, Hunspell is enabled in Edit > Dictionaries > Sources > Morphology. I use Manjaro and the path to it is /usr/share/hunspell, you may need to check the path for your distro. cheers
bitbit

Return to General