New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Crash: Right clicking dictionary in Results Navigation Pane

General discussion

Crash: Right clicking dictionary in Results Navigation Pane

Postby Cris » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:18 pm

GoldenDict-1.0.1-652 crashes when I right click a dictionary in the Results Navigation Pane (in Windows 7)
Cris

Re: Crash: Right clicking dictionary in Results Navigation P

Postby Tvangeste » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:57 pm

Weird, everything is fine here. How did you install it? Are there any specific dictionaries that you right-click and see crashes?
Tvangeste

Postby Cris » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:12 pm

My previous version was 1.0.1.581 and that version also crashed when I right clicked dictionaries in the results navigation pane.
I 'installed' 1.0.1-652 just over the top by replacing the existing files.
All my dictionaries are in BGL format and I just tried all the dictionaries: GoldenDict crashes on all the dictionaries when I right click them.

crash.png
crash.png (8.94 KiB) Viewed 8909 times
Cris

Postby Tvangeste » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:31 am

Cris, let's try this reproduce step-by-step.

First, download the latest Early Access build: https://github.com/goldendict/goldendic ... or-Windows

Extract it somewhere, and create a new directory portable, inside the just extracted GoldenDict folder. That way, you'll be using GoldenDict in portable mode and all its configuration will reside inside that portable folder.

Copy a couple of your dictionaries into content folder (it is also located inside Goldendict folder).

Start this version of GoldenDict, can you reproduce the crash in such configuration?
Tvangeste

Postby Cris » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:31 am

In portable mode GoldenDict does NOT crash at all when I right click the dictionaries.

Now I've deleted my appdata\GoldenDict folder and I started GoldenDict 1.0.1-652 again (normal mode), imported the Dictionaries from my GoldenDict\dicts folder and now the the crash is gone, so it had probably something to do with an old config setting in the appdata\GoldenDict folder. Problem solved!
Cris

Postby Tvangeste » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:47 am

Cris wrote:Problem solved!

Phew! :)
Tvangeste

Postby Wu Yuantse » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:29 pm

Tvangeste wrote:
Cris wrote:Problem solved!

Phew! :)

The problem of my computer is all the same ,
and I cleared the configuratioin folder,downloaded the latest release and reindexed the dictionaries,
however the problem is still.
Wu Yuantse

Return to General