New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

General discussion

Postby merrykid » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:16 pm

Last edited by merrykid on Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
merrykid

Re: How to build a flashcard set use Goldendict?

Postby Tvangeste » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:35 pm

Honestly, I'd advise against such automated solutions. If learning 3 foreign languages has taught me anything, it's that you need to create your own flash cards, from scratch, and neither use cards from others nor use generated cards. Also, every person is different and that means different definitions, examples are suitable for different users, pick up your own translations from multiple dictionaries, the ones that work best for you. Create your own cards, for the words you personally encountered, and put down some context in the flash card (I usually put entire original sentence in the card, this is a surprisingly good way to make sure you'll remember this card for long, long time). Besides, spending time creating your own cards is a first step to actually remember the word.

At least that's how I roll. :)
Tvangeste

Postby merrykid » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:19 pm

Last edited by merrykid on Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
merrykid

Postby Tvangeste » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:39 pm

I usually copy-paste all the words I'd like to remember to a special good old plain text file, plus I copy some context where I encountered those words. Typically, it is just one full sentence (+ optional book name or article name).

For the flash cards I use excellent Anki sofware (on PC, on iPad and on my Android Phone, all synchronized via anki web site). I create new cards from time to time, typically on weekends :)
Tvangeste

Return to General