New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Developer Builds (for testing)

General discussion

Re: Developer Builds (for testing)

Postby Tvangeste » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:58 pm

vjjustin wrote:Most changes are linux related, but no linux builds? :) (It would have been better if (like in win ver.) we had something like an executable that could be replaced with the early builds)

Distributing binaries for Linux is a tricky business, there are way too many options/configurations/kernels/libraries, etc. It is just much, much easier to compile GD from sources. On most Linux systems one just needs to have all the necessary libraries and then execute 'qmake', and then 'make'. That's it.

vjjustin wrote:I see that when we start GD for the first time there is a notification which tells the number of dictionaries installed and the total number of defenitions etc. But only for a short time and is not repeated (and hence is very easy to miss). A really nice feature, but I think it will be better if it was something like a label within the Welcome page (either at the top or at the bottom) that can be viewed/checked again.

Good idea, please file it in the issue tracker so that it is not forgotten.

vjjustin wrote:Since we are at it, the welcome page mostly reads like a help file than a welcome page (Or something like a tool tip that is visible only the first time we run the application). I think we can add the 'how to add dictionary' info. into that space and put others into a help file or something (or as a tooltip for the first time as I said but thats more work, I guess) and link to that help file from the welcome page.

The main problem is that the Welcome page needs to be translated to all languages, and as soon as we modify it even a little, the content and the translation go out of sync. Assuming that the translations are not quickly updated that means that in the most languages users will see English version, not the translated one.

Having said that I'd prefer to have some kind of online documentation first, and then we could just provide a link to it from the GoldenDict Welcome page, rather than trying to have up-to-date help-like info in the GD itself (with incomplete translations for the most localizations).

vjjustin wrote:Lets clean up the documentation first for GD. And here is the deal, if you guys are okay, I will try to come up with a first draft doc. with basic instructions, how tos, etc., that can be included with GD, please let me know your thoughts.

I think that it would be awesome to have some kind of official online Help for Goldendict!

Currently, all we have is the following:

http://goldendict.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page -- The old wiki with some useful (but outdated info).
https://github.com/goldendict/goldendict/wiki/_pages - a couple of useful pages on the new wiki.

I think that the most appropriate format for the new/updated Help would be Wiki pages on GitHub, so that everyone could contribute if they wish.
Tvangeste

Postby Tvangeste » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:30 pm

The latest development build from me, build #585, for Windows.

Download: GoldenDict-1.0.1-585-gec845a9.7z - 1.65 MB

Changelog:
  • Support for external css in Stardict dictionaries with html output format (by Julian Depetris Chauvin)
  • Do not resize vertically the scan pop-up's translate box (by Tvangeste)
  • Fixed #221: The words list is not the top panel (on Linux). (by Tvangeste)
  • Update Argentinian Spanish translation (by Julian Depetris Chauvin)
As usual, just unpack the archive on top of the latest Early Access build (#581) and you're good to go.
Tvangeste

Postby hanyl05 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:30 am

Thanks Tvangeste, Chulai and Julian, The css support function works perfect.
In this early build, it seems that "Expand optional parts" function does not work.
hanyl05

Postby hanyl05 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:34 am

Another problem that has disturbed me for a long time is as followings,

When print the search results, the contents seems to be overlapped with each other, especially for those non-alphabet characters.
For details, please see the following picture:
Attachments
捕获.JPG
print bug
捕获.JPG (84.92 KiB) Viewed 48232 times
hanyl05

Postby Tvangeste » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:57 am

hanyl05 wrote:In this early build, it seems that "Expand optional parts" function does not work.

Hmm, it works for me here. Could you please describe the problem in more detail?
Tvangeste

Postby hanyl05 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:14 am

I selected the button"expand optional parts" as shown in the attached figure, still some example cannot be shown, as shown in the second attached picture:
Attachments
example.JPG
failed to expand example
example.JPG (24.54 KiB) Viewed 48228 times
expand.JPG
expand function
expand.JPG (14.87 KiB) Viewed 48228 times
hanyl05

Postby chulai » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:43 pm

hanyl05 wrote:I selected the button"expand optional parts" as shown in the attached figure, still some example cannot be shown, as shown in the second attached picture:

I cannot reproduce the issue either with any of the DSL dictionaries I have. Maybe if you can give detailed step-by-step instruction and GoldenDict version and OS we could check.
chulai

Postby chulai » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:14 pm

hanyl05 wrote:Another problem that has disturbed me for a long time is as followings,

When print the search results, the contents seems to be overlapped with each other, especially for those non-alphabet characters.

I created an issue for this bug: https://github.com/goldendict/goldendict/issues/224
chulai

Postby chulai » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:11 am

chulai wrote:
hanyl05 wrote:Another problem that has disturbed me for a long time is as followings,

I created an issue for this bug: https://github.com/goldendict/goldendict/issues/224

This bug is not a GoldenDict bug but a Qt bug. Qt is the application framework in which GoldenDict is developed. If you follow the issue link above there is an explanation of the problem and a workaround.
chulai

Postby hanyl05 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:55 pm

Thanks,chulai, thanks you very much for your suggestion.
hanyl05

PreviousNext

Return to General