New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Developer Builds (for testing)

General discussion

Re: Developer Builds (for testing)

Postby Piranha » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:03 pm

Tvangeste wrote:The latest development build from me, build 1.5.0-RC-28-g3082556, for Windows.

Download:Changelog (since the latest Early Access / Release Candidate build):
  • Update Russian translation (by Abs62)
  • Refactoring the edit dictionary functionality a bit (by Tvangeste)
  • Fixed a long-broken "Edit dictionary" action in the dictionary bar's context menu (by Tvangeste)
  • Show "Edit Dictionary" button only for supporting dictionary types (DSL, XDXF, StarDict) (by Tvangeste)
  • New interface preference: Context menu dictionaries limit (by Tvangeste)
  • Add "Edit dictionary" and "Open folder" buttons to the Dictionary Info dialog (by Tvangeste)
  • Fix open dictionary folder action (by Abs62)
  • Win-specific: Select in Explorer the main dictionary file when opening the dictionary folder (by Tvangeste)
  • Zeroing latestReleaseReply after deleteLater() (by Abs62)
  • Reload the open tabs when groups and dictionary order is changed (by Tvangeste)
  • XDXF: Fix some tags handling (issue #349) (by Abs62)
  • Win-specific: Pass-through first part of compound hotkey (by Abs62)
  • Fixed #347: Provide Dictionary Info for the online dictionaries (by Tvangeste)
  • "Open dictionary folder" action in context menu (issue #344) (by Abs62)
As usual, just unpack the archive on top of the latest Early Access build (GoldenDict 1.5.0-RC-11-g6a39192) and you're good to go.

Love this version too much. Thank you devs.
Piranha

Postby quantissimo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:47 am

Hi,

I'd like to request the following functionality for the feature "Edit dictionary" (by Tvangeste):

Is it possible that the "Edit dictionary" command be added to the context menu in the article pane (maybe below "Inspect" command when right-clicking on an entry) and when the respective dictionary file is opened (let's say in Notepad++), the cursor is positioned on the same word where the right-click is made?

Let's say I'm reading a dictionary entry in GoldenDict and I see a typo in a word. I right-click on this word and choose "Edit dictionary" command. The dictionary file opens in Notepad++ with the curson positioned on the same word, I correct the typo, save the dictionary file and return to GoldenDict, rescan and the everything is fixed in seconds.

Do you think this is possible?
quantissimo

Postby Tvangeste » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:05 am

quantissimo wrote:Do you think this is possible?

This is close to impossible, unfortunately. There is no way to track back from the word in the HTML to the original line (in the original non-HTML format).

But the context menu to edit/open the current dictionary is a good idea. At least you'll be able to open the dictionary for editing right away, even though without automatic cursor placement at the exact position.
Tvangeste

Postby quantissimo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:16 am

Thanks anyway!

I was hoping for the cursor position but...

Can you think of a workaround rather than searching manually?
quantissimo

Postby quantissimo » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:09 am

Hi Tvangeste,

And what about editing a dictionary file compressed in dz?

Is it possible to add a routine to decompress the file, edit and then re-compress it?

I have a XXXX.dsl.dz and when I use "Edit dictionary" on it, the file opens encrypted in unrecognizable symbols.
quantissimo

Postby hanyl05 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:26 am

quantissimo wrote:Hi Tvangeste,

And what about editing a dictionary file compressed in dz?

Is it possible to add a routine to decompress the file, edit and then re-compress it?

I have a XXXX.dsl.dz and when I use "Edit dictionary" on it, the file opens encrypted in unrecognizable symbols.

Please unzip the dsl.dz dictionary into .dsl using free software such as 7zip. Just google it.
hanyl05

Postby Tvangeste » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:30 am

quantissimo wrote:And what about editing a dictionary file compressed in dz?

This is not explicitly supported in GoldenDict, all we do is just invoke the specified command with appropriate file name.

But you could do that on your end by writing a BAT file (or shell script), and in such command file you could easily do whatever you wish, uncompressing, editing, and compressing the edited dictionary back. But I agree that this is not as convenient as built-in support for compressed files.
Tvangeste

Postby WuYuantse » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:57 pm

Thank all the developers.I've been keeping up with new editions for long.
But now I have a newly-arisen problem.Each time I update goldendict,the program starts reindexing all the dictionaries.As I have a lot of dictionaries,it's somewhat a big problem.
How to solve it?
WuYuantse

Postby Tvangeste » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:03 pm

WuYuantse wrote:Each time I update goldendict,the program starts reindexing all the dictionaries.As I have a lot of dictionaries,it's somewhat a big problem.
How to solve it?

It should happen not every time but only when we change something in dictionary format and explicitly force the re-indexing of dictionaries. And since we do change the format from time to time (to accommodate the new features or to fix bugs) you're seeing this when upgrading.

This is normal. Sometimes we change format quite often but there are periods when the format is not changed for months and months.

Recently, there were some changes that required re-indexing of the dictionaries and that's what you saw.
Tvangeste

Postby yuchen » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:13 pm

Thank you devs!
However, where is the "Edit Dictionary" button now that it's not in the context menu ? I'm using a DSL dictionary, not a compressed one.
It's quite silly......But I really cannot find it :oops:
yuchen

PreviousNext

Return to General