New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Developer Builds (for testing)

General discussion

Re: Developer Builds (for testing)

Postby Tvangeste » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:41 pm

The latest development build from me, build #533, for Windows.

Download: GoldenDict-1.0.1-533-g8a8c7cc.7z - 1.63 MB

Changelog:
  • Fixed #192: Dynamically adjust the suggestion list in the new UI. (by Tvangeste)
  • Update Argentinian Spanish translation (by Julian Depetris Chauvin)
  • ScanPopup window title (by Abs62)
  • Win-specific: Properly scan right-to-left words in GD window (by Abs62)
As usual, just unpack the archive on top of the latest Early Access build (#501) and you're good to go.

Since the dynamic size change for the suggestion list required some significant code changes, please test this version as much as possible and report any issues here. Especially on Linux, since the window flags for the scan popup have been tweaked and this area is like black magic.
Tvangeste

Postby Tvangeste » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:50 pm

vjjustin wrote:The minimum height for the new searchbox dropdown seems too much. It doesn't look good with no/one/two words.

The change has landed in the latest dev build, please test and report any issues with the dynamic suggestion list.
Tvangeste

Postby vjjustin » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:14 am

Did an initial testing, and it works excellent. Thank you. Is it possible to make this thread 'sticky'?
Also, when we delete the entry from the searchbox and press enter, can we show the welcome screen again (or a blank screen)?
vjjustin

Postby hanyl05 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:39 am

Bug report: @ sensitive

Credit a dictionary with the following content with the mark @:

Code: Select all
Special numbers
   [m2][ref]@[/ref][/m2]

Index problems occurs.
hanyl05

Postby Tvangeste » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:03 am

hanyl05 wrote:Bug report: @ sensitive
Index problems occurs.

According to the DSL specification, the @ symbol is a reserved one, and denotes subentries: http://lingvo.helpmax.net/en/troublesho ... /subentry/

If you'd like to put '@' literally, you need to quote it, like this: \@.
Tvangeste

Postby hanyl05 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:22 am

Tvangeste wrote:
hanyl05 wrote:Bug report: @ sensitive
Index problems occurs.

According to the DSL specification, the @ symbol is a reserved one, and denotes subentries: http://lingvo.helpmax.net/en/troublesho ... /subentry/

If you'd like to put '@' literally, you need to quote it, like this: \@.

I got it. many thanks for your kind reply :)
hanyl05

Postby Tvangeste » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:20 pm

The latest development build from me, build #546, for Windows, but most changes are Linux-related though...

Download: GoldenDict-1.0.1-546-g9e3dd43.7z - 1.65 MB

Changelog:
  • Added French Translation (by VirtualTam)
  • Don't show welcome page header in window title (issue #195, Linux) (by Abs62)
  • Fixed #197: Sometimes the Scan Popup shows previous translation (Linux). (by Tvangeste)
  • Fixed #194: Scan Popup window doesn't get the keyboard focus on Linux. (by Tvangeste)
  • Update Russian translation (by Abs62)
  • update Argentinian Spanish translation (by Julian Depetris Chauvin)
  • Properly save/restore main window configuration when it maximized (by Abs62)
  • Fix for the suggestion list on Linux, classic UI. (by Tvangeste)
  • Make the suggestion list to be internal window instead of top-level one, on *nix. (by Tvangeste)
  • Properly hide the suggestions list in some cases. (by Tvangeste)
As usual, just unpack the archive on top of the latest Early Access build (#501) and you're good to go.
Tvangeste

Postby pesgd » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:23 am

#546 is working fine here, thanks :)
pesgd

Postby Tvangeste » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 pm

The latest development build from me, build #557, for Windows, but most changes are Linux-related though...

Download: GoldenDict-1.0.1-557-g1b04dbf.7z - 1.64 MB

Changelog:
  • On Windows x64, fixed #208: GoldenDict crashes when indexing huge dictionaries. (by Tvangeste)
  • Custom icon support for Sound dir dictionaries (by Julian Depetris Chauvin)
  • Custom icon support for babylon and dictd dictionaries (by Julian Depetris Chauvin)
  • Don't translate program name (by Abs62)
  • Fixed #206: Suggestion list should not be bigger than the main window (on Linux). (by Tvangeste)
  • Lupdate all translations, update Russian translation (by Abs62)
  • Update belarusian translation (by Maksim Tamkovic)
Tvangeste

Postby vjjustin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:07 pm

Tvangeste wrote:...most changes are Linux-related though...

Most changes are linux related, but no linux builds? :) (It would have been better if (like in win ver.) we had something like an executable that could be replaced with the early builds)

I see that when we start GD for the first time there is a notification which tells the number of dictionaries installed and the total number of defenitions etc. But only for a short time and is not repeated (and hence is very easy to miss). A really nice feature, but I think it will be better if it was something like a label within the Welcome page (either at the top or at the bottom) that can be viewed/checked again.

Since we are at it, the welcome page mostly reads like a help file than a welcome page (Or something like a tool tip that is visible only the first time we run the application). I think we can add the 'how to add dictionary' info. into that space and put others into a help file or something (or as a tooltip for the first time as I said but thats more work, I guess) and link to that help file from the welcome page.

Lets clean up the documentation first for GD. And here is the deal, if you guys are okay, I will try to come up with a first draft doc. with basic instructions, how tos, etc., that can be included with GD, please let me know your thoughts.
vjjustin

PreviousNext

Return to General