New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Developer Builds (for testing)

General discussion

Re: Developer Builds (for testing)

Postby pesgd » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:19 pm

Tvangeste wrote:
pesgd wrote:speaking of word zoom level fixes, I should tell you that I have an issue with GD, though it´s not related to any particular version... the control plus + shortcut, which works fine for me on firefox and chrome, won´t function in GD if I don´t press 'shift' together.
in fact, my '+' key is situated above '=' on my keyboard, so that explains why I must use 'shift' together.
I believe chrome and firefox have set 'control + '=' to behave as 'control' + '+'

Good idea, fixed!

:)
pesgd

Postby Tvangeste » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:04 am

The latest development build from me, build #520, for Windows.

Download: GoldenDict-1.0.1-520-g5abc023.7z - 1.63 MB

Changelog:
  • Additional shortcut for ZoomIn/WordsZoomIn actions (Ctrl+= and Alt+=).
  • Fixed #185: Dictionaries menu uses hardcoded shortcut value in its text.
  • Fixed #184: F3 and Shift-F3 shortcuts don't work in a scan popup window when Search is activated
  • Update Russian translation
  • Strip sound files extension when index .zips, like in sound dirs (Issue #173)
  • Internationalize the "Unassigned" group name.
As usual, just unpack the archive on top of the latest Early Access build (#501) and you're good to go.
Tvangeste

Postby Tvangeste » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:33 pm

The latest development build from me, build #527, for Windows.

Download: GoldenDict-1.0.1-527-gccb06a4.7z - 1.63 MB

Changelog:
  • Fixed #191: New UI in the scan popup, replace 3 separate widgets with the translate box.
  • Adjust the CSS style for the Scan Popup's translate box.
  • Properly restore main window maximized state when it activated through tray icon
  • Fixed #188: Switching the UI mode should focus the translate line and update it.
  • Fixed #186: F3 and Shift+F3 shortcuts are no longer global in the main window.
  • Tweaks for the Menu Button size (closes #176).
As usual, just unpack the archive on top of the latest Early Access build (#501) and you're good to go.

Since the Scan Popup UI change required some significant code changes, please test this version as much as possible and report any issues here.
Tvangeste

Postby vjjustin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:37 pm

The minimum height for the new searchbox dropdown seems too much. It doesn't look good with no/one/two words.

Also it would be better if the back/forward arrows are to the left of searchbox, just like in main window.
vjjustin

Postby Tvangeste » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:40 pm

vjjustin wrote:The minimum height for the new searchbox dropdown seems too much. It doesn't look good with no/one/two words

Indeed, a good idea. I'll try to make the suggestions list adjusting its size dynamically.

https://github.com/goldendict/goldendict/issues/192
Tvangeste

Postby vjjustin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:02 pm

vjjustin wrote:.....Also it would be better if the back/forward arrows are to the left of searchbox, just like in main window.

Did you miss that part? :)
vjjustin

Postby Tvangeste » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:43 pm

vjjustin wrote:
vjjustin wrote:.....Also it would be better if the back/forward arrows are to the left of searchbox, just like in main window.

Did you miss that part? :)

Nope. :) But I don't have a strong opinion here, both ways seem to be valid to me. But I understand your point too.
Tvangeste

Postby Abs62 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:27 pm

Small button in window corner - more chances to move cursor out of the popup windows casually. Instead of press button. And window will be closed.
Abs62

Postby Tvangeste » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:30 pm

Abs62 wrote:Small button in window corner - more chances to move cursor out of the popup windows casually. Instead of press button. And window will be closed.

Yep, plus those buttons are to be very rarely used so making them the first buttons in the toolbar would bring user attention to them but they don't deserve such attention.

In fact, I think that they should be hidden by default and only be shown if there is anything in history to go to (either back or forward). In 99% of uses the Forward button won't be visible at all.
Tvangeste

Postby pesgd » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:02 pm

Tvangeste wrote:
Since the Scan Popup UI change required some significant code changes, please test this version as much as possible and report any issues here.

well, it´s working great for me so far :)
only the zooming-in/out shortcut key isn´t responding, it seems the default zoom level setting is inherited from the main window
pesgd

PreviousNext

Return to General