New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Developer Builds (for testing)

General discussion

Re: Developer Builds (for testing)

Postby veole » Wed May 28, 2014 3:19 pm

Abs62

Can you do it really portable so it can try to load all the custom fonts from a folder like "/Goldendict/Portable/Fonts/" first, and also load the rest of the fonts from the Windows / Linux / Mac font folder?

I tried your way to load a font from a custom folder, but Goldendict only used that font. If I'm using "body {font-family: Arial Unicode MS}" in article-style.css, I want Goldendict to try to load it from the custom font folder first, and at the same time to load the rest of the fonts needed from the OS font folder.

This is the only way to make it really portable when you need some fonts that are not installed in all systems while you also need to use the common fonts installed. It's just making Goldendict to use 2 font folders at the same time, trying to find and load fonts first from the protable folder

Thanks.
veole

Postby Abs62 » Wed May 28, 2014 4:44 pm

If you want to load custom font, you must use css "@font-face" rule with "src" parameter in your "article-style.css" file. For example:
Code: Select all
@font-face {
    font-family: "Kingsoft Phonetic Plain";
    font-style: normal;
    src: url('file:///fonts/Kingsoft Phonetic Plain.ttf') format("truetype");
}
Abs62

Postby veole » Wed May 28, 2014 5:16 pm

If I do that, Goldendict only loads 1 font, and uses that font for everything. That's not the expected behavior, and I told you I tried that before. Goldendict uses several fonts at the same time and you can choose to load one for "body", and even in that body part Goldendict will use other fonts.

IE: I load Arial Unicode MS in body{ } and this font has not bold or italics, but there is bold and italic text in the body. Result: Goldendict uses Arial Unicode MS for all the plain text and other fonts to display bold and italic.

IE: I load Arial Unicode MS in font-face{ } from custom folder. Result: Goldendict only uses Arial Unicode MS for everything (body, panels, etc) and all text looks plain, no bold or italics are displayed, because no other font is loaded.

Try it.
veole

Postby Abs62 » Wed May 28, 2014 6:07 pm

Use more fine css tuning. For example:
Code: Select all
body {
    font-family: "Arial Unicode MS";
}

b {
    font-family: Arial;
}
Abs62

Postby veole » Wed May 28, 2014 7:42 pm

There is no fine tunning if you load the font from a custom folder with font-face, because Goldendict only loads that font and it does not use the system fonts.

There is no fine tunning to avoid this bug, and even if you could fine tune it, every person would have to spend hours working in a css file, just to obtain a similar result to the original Goldendict without any css. What's the point? I'm just asking to make it portable in an easy way, including fonts.
veole

Postby Abs62 » Wed May 28, 2014 7:47 pm

If you load font as "Arial Unicode MS" it will be used only in elements for which it is specified. If for some element other font is specified, it will be used. From system or from other "font-face" rule.
To use fonts as you want it is need to write new browser core instead of Webkit used in Qt.
Abs62

Postby veole » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:40 am

When you select a dictionary headword in the new individual menu "Dictionary headwords" (right click in Dict icon), Goldendict shows the result starting with the first dictionary with that entry.

I'd like Goldendict to automatically scroll to the chosen dictionary entry. If you choose a common headword, Goldendict shows all the dictionary entries and you have to waste time manually scrolling to the selected dictionary or using right click and selecting it.

I think this is the way it works in other situations like Full Text Search.

Thanks
Last edited by veole on Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
veole

About: MDX

Postby Ericc » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:50 pm

Much obliged to Abs62:(How about other format--dsl/bgl...?)
------------
.mdict
{
margin-top: 0.2em;
}
------------
2014-6-7 22-35-30.png
2014-6-7 22-35-30.png (75.76 KiB) Viewed 40734 times

2014-6-7 22-37-45.png
2014-6-7 22-37-45.png (71.41 KiB) Viewed 40734 times
Last edited by Ericc on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ericc

Re: About: MDX

Postby Abs62 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:18 pm

Ericc wrote:Much abliged to Abs62:(How about other format--dsl/bgl...?)

Call inspector via article context menu, then look class for element with big spaces (for example "dsl_headwords" for .dsl) and tune it via article-style.css file like "mdict" class for .mdx.
Abs62

Postby veole » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:07 pm

veole wrote:When you select a dictionary headword in the new individual menu "Dictionary headwords" (right click in Dict icon), Goldendict shows the result starting with the first dictionary with that entry.

I'd like Goldendict to automatically scroll to the chosen dictionary entry. If you choose a common headword, Goldendict shows all the dictionary entries and you have to waste time manually scrolling to the selected dictionary or using right click and selecting it.

I think this is the way it works in other situations like Full Text Search.

Thanks

Abs62

Also, please fix this behabiour: In multilingual dictionaries try to search first in the opposite dictionary.

So you have a pair of dictionaries with the same name "Oxford French", and they only differ because one is french-english and the other english-french. If you double click a word in one dictionary and it's a valid entry in that one, Goldendict will scroll to the result in that dictionary.

But in multilingual dictionaries, the word could not be a valid entry in the same dictionary but in the opposite one, because it's a word in the other language. In that case Goldendict will scroll to the beginning of the page to match the entry in the first dictionary found. When you have several multilingual dictionaries, it's very annoying, you have to scroll down all the time to match the current one you are using.

- Now: Double click word -> Find entry only in current dictionary -> If not found, go to the first dictionary with that entry.
- Should be: Double click word -> Find in current dictionary -> If not found, go to the same dictionary, opposite language -> If not found, go to the first dictionary with that entry.

Esay to do reading the card, remeber to focus in #name part + #index and #contents.
In brackets there can be the language codes. You can ignore them or use the language ISO code system to validate #index and #contents -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_code

#NAME "Oxford French (En-Fr)"
#INDEX_LANGUAGE "English"
#CONTENTS_LANGUAGE "French"

#NAME "Oxford French (Fr-En)"
#INDEX_LANGUAGE "French"
#CONTENTS_LANGUAGE "English"

Also you can change the behavior for all monolingual dictionaries. So if you double click a word in a English-English dictionary, and it's not a valid entry in the current one, Goldendict will match and scroll to the first English-English dictionary with that entry. Because sometimes a word is the same in several languages, and you want to stay in the current language.

And also FIND in bilingual dictionaries, IE "Oxford En-FR": 1st: "Same name" English-French, 2nd "Same name" French-English, 3rd "Other names" English-French, 4th "Other names" French-English, 5th "Any name" English-English", 6th "Any name" French-French. And similar but opposite order for "Oxford Fr-En", the #INDEX language first, then the #CONTENTS language.

Do you understand? Can you do it? I don't think it's too hard to change, and it will improve the experience using Goldendcit a lot.

Thanks!
veole

PreviousNext

Return to General