New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Developer Builds (for testing)

General discussion

Re: Developer Builds (for testing)

Postby Tvangeste » Thu May 30, 2013 3:14 pm

dg333 wrote:If you mean #763, I did upgrade to it and it works fine. However, upgrading to #812 causes the problem.

Are you sure? I just downloaded the #763 EA build from http://d-h.st/pGJ, and I see a libao-4.dll right there. Please make sure that you've downloaded the right archive and that you've extracted it to the right place. Namely, libao-4.dll, avcodec-gd-54.dll, etc, should be in the same directory where GoldenDict.exe resides.
Tvangeste

Postby dg333 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:18 am

The problem is solved. I deleted all files and consecutively unpacked to the installation directory consecutively #763 and #812. Now, it works fine. Probably, there was something wrong with the installation. Sorry for false alert :)
dg333

Postby yuchen » Fri May 31, 2013 9:24 am

Tvangeste wrote:
yuchen wrote:I wonder whether I can customize the name of MDX dictionary. There are many mdx files with wrong information.

Currently, there is no way to do that. We discussed this problem with Timon some time ago and it seems that the agreement is that we need to introduce a special file that will contain the metadata for dictionaries (eg., languages, icon, name) and users should be able to modify those files as they wish.

But this feature is not yet implemented. The discussion was here: https://github.com/goldendict/goldendict/pull/273

The issue to keep an eye on is here: https://github.com/goldendict/goldendict/issues/274 : "Provide a way for users to rename the dictionaries".

Thanks for your suggestion!
It seems like I have to rebuild the MDX dictionary. Many thanks to Timon Wong, it's quite easy with his python code.
yuchen

Postby Tvangeste » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:14 pm

The latest development build from me, build #830, for Windows.

Download:Changelog:
  • Fixed a regression in Lingoes style, adjusted the Expand/Collapse icons to look similar to Lingoes (by Tvangeste)
  • Update Simplified Chinese translation. (by Timon Wong)
  • Adjust Modern and Lingoes-Blue styles to handle expand/collapse buttons better (by Tvangeste)
  • Lupdate all translations, update Russian translation (by Abs62)
  • Allow to collapse/expand articles; auto collapse for big articles (issue #331) (by Abs62)
  • Update belarusian translation (by Maksim Tomkowicz)
  • Fixed #333: Do not allow the floating elements to overflow to the other cards (by Tvangeste)
  • Fix regression from d5c236f183: should take first audio link from each article (by Timon Wong)
  • Fix pronunciation for active article (if not avaialbe, fallback to the first one) (by Timon Wong)
  • Allow GoldenDict/Qt/GCC versions copying in About diaolg (by Tvangeste)
  • Show Qt version, GCC version and 32/64 bits in About dialog (by Tvangeste)
  • Fix crash when right clicking dicts list if scan pop is disabled (by Timon Wong)
  • Reload tabs content and suggestion list after dictionaries rescan (issue #330) (by Abs62)
  • Tajik Translation Updated (by Victor Ibragimov)
As usual, just unpack the archive on top of the latest Early Access build (#763!) and you're good to go.

Here's how Expanded/Collapsed articles look like in Modern theme:
Tvangeste

Postby wargus » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:17 pm

Great work!

I have some question about collapse/expand articles:

1. There is a way to set behaviour for single dictionaries? For example:
Oxford Dictionary: expanded
Longman Dictionary: expanded
Longman activator: collapsed
ecc.

2. Is it possible to set some appearence style (like dimension, color) for the bar in the collapsed articles?
wargus

Postby Tvangeste » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:46 pm

wargus wrote:1. There is a way to set behaviour for single dictionaries?
Oxford Dictionary: expanded
Longman Dictionary: expanded
Longman activator: collapsed
etc.

Not yet. Well, not within GoldenDict UI. There might be some way via tweaking CSS properties, which is not as convenient.

wargus wrote:2. Is it possible to set some appearence style (like dimension, color) for the bar in the collapsed articles?

What is a bar and how would you like to change it? A screenshot would be very helpful.
Tvangeste

Postby wargus » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:54 am

Tvangeste,
thanks for your reply.

Tvangeste wrote:What is a bar and how would you like to change it?

"ON COMPUTER SCREEN a long narrow shape along the sides or at the top of a computer screen, usually containing signs that you can click on" (Longman) ;)

You're right, i'm sorry. I have not explained clearly. View the screenshot below

Can I change the highlighted item's appearance (It is a bar, i think - or not?) ?
wargus

Postby Tvangeste » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:17 am

wargus, OK, I got it :)

You can adjust the bar to some extent via article-style.css file (the file should be in the configuration folder: Menu -> Help -> Configuration Folder), create it if it doesn't exist, e.g.:

Code: Select all
/* adjust the height of the collapsed article */
.gdcollapsedarticle .gddictname
{
  margin-bottom: 0px;
}

/* adjust collapsed article's background */
.gdcollapsedarticle
{
  background: yellow;
}

You could also press F12, it will open the Web Inspector with the current page and you could investigate its structure and see what to adjust to make your own style.
Tvangeste

Postby wargus » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:28 am

Tvangeste wrote:wargus, OK, I got it :)

You can adjust the bar to some extent via article-style.css file (the file should be in the configuration folder: Menu -> Help -> Configuration Folder), create it if it doesn't exist, e.g.:

Code: Select all
/* adjust the height of the collapsed article */
.gdcollapsedarticle .gddictname
{
  margin-bottom: 0px;
}

/* adjust collapsed article's background */
.gdcollapsedarticle
{
  background: yellow;
}

You could also press F12, it will open the Web Inspector with the current page and you could investigate its structure and see what to adjust to make your own style.

This is a good news. Will try it.
My thanks and best wishes to you and the Goldendict team.
wargus

Postby Tvangeste » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:20 am

The latest development build from me, build 1.5.0-RC-28-g3082556, for Windows.

Download:Changelog (since the latest Early Access / Release Candidate build):
  • Update Russian translation (by Abs62)
  • Refactoring the edit dictionary functionality a bit (by Tvangeste)
  • Fixed a long-broken "Edit dictionary" action in the dictionary bar's context menu (by Tvangeste)
  • Show "Edit Dictionary" button only for supporting dictionary types (DSL, XDXF, StarDict) (by Tvangeste)
  • New interface preference: Context menu dictionaries limit (by Tvangeste)
  • Add "Edit dictionary" and "Open folder" buttons to the Dictionary Info dialog (by Tvangeste)
  • Fix open dictionary folder action (by Abs62)
  • Win-specific: Select in Explorer the main dictionary file when opening the dictionary folder (by Tvangeste)
  • Zeroing latestReleaseReply after deleteLater() (by Abs62)
  • Reload the open tabs when groups and dictionary order is changed (by Tvangeste)
  • XDXF: Fix some tags handling (issue #349) (by Abs62)
  • Win-specific: Pass-through first part of compound hotkey (by Abs62)
  • Fixed #347: Provide Dictionary Info for the online dictionaries (by Tvangeste)
  • "Open dictionary folder" action in context menu (issue #344) (by Abs62)
As usual, just unpack the archive on top of the latest Early Access build (GoldenDict 1.5.0-RC-11-g6a39192) and you're good to go.
Tvangeste

PreviousNext

Return to General