New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Developer Builds (for testing)

General discussion

Re: Developer Builds (for testing)

Postby chigre-GD » Sun May 19, 2013 1:37 pm

Diclover wrote:Now I have found the dictionary that causes the disorder. It is Oxford Learner's Thesaurus. mdx. When it is removed from the group, everything is normal. When it is in the group, some dictionaries will be in conflicts with it.

So all of us who make dictionaries should make sure that the final files are in good quality...
chigre-GD

Postby Tvangeste » Sun May 19, 2013 7:10 pm

Diclover wrote:Now I have found the dictionary that causes the disorder. It is Oxford Learner's Thesaurus. mdx. When it is removed from the group, everything is normal. When it is in the group, some dictionaries will be in conflicts with it.

This is exactly what I suspected. The evil dictionary uses its own CSS file and defines its own global style for a very generic tag <i>, making everything enclosed in such a tag rendered with font DictBats, which is a special font with phonetic symbols, and that's what you see (if you have the font installed) in all dictionaries that use tags <i> in their content.

This is clearly a problem with the dictionary, but we somehow need to protect GoldenDict and other dictionaries from such badly-behaving ones.
Tvangeste

Postby hanyl05 » Mon May 20, 2013 12:46 am

Is it possible to set a global css for all dictionaries, and respect each individual css files, and individual css files are only used for a specific dictionary?
hanyl05

Postby Diclover » Mon May 20, 2013 9:45 am

Is it possible to keep the bad dictionary from affecting other dictionaries in the same group by means of sub-group or something?
Diclover

Postby chulai » Mon May 20, 2013 3:18 pm

hanyl05 wrote:Is it possible to set a global css for all dictionaries, and respect each individual css files, and individual css files are only used for a specific dictionary?

Only if individual dictionaries are embedded inside iframe HTML eletements. Otherwise, last CSS rule override previous (global) conflicting rule.
chulai

Postby chulai » Mon May 20, 2013 3:19 pm

Diclover wrote:Is it possible to keep the bad dictionary from affecting other dictionaries in the same group by means of sub-group or something?

As long as the offending dictionary is rendered in the same result as the other dictionaries it will affect them.
chulai

Postby Tvangeste » Wed May 22, 2013 8:42 pm

Diclover wrote:Is it possible to keep the bad dictionary from affecting other dictionaries in the same group by means of sub-group or something?

The problem when some MDX dictionaries affected the formatting of other dictionaries has been fixed (by Abs62) and will appear in the next Dev Build. So, there is no need to separate such "bad" dictionaries from others anymore.
Tvangeste

Postby Tvangeste » Wed May 22, 2013 8:46 pm

The latest development build from me, build #790, for Windows.

Download:Changelog:
  • Mdx: Isolate resources stylesheets (issue #290) (by Abs62)
  • Update Russian translation (by Abs62)
  • Aard: Minor change in link handling (by Abs62)
  • Ui-Tweak: auto-fitting dict name for initializing window (by Timon Wong)
  • MDict: fix missing localizable string in 51ab9b0 (by Timon Wong)
  • MDict: User friendly error reporting for article request (by Timon Wong)
  • Mac-specific: Fix hotkeys when non-english keyboard layout selected (by Abs62)
  • XDXF: Fix infinite loop for malformed files. (Issue #319) (by Timon Wong)
  • Update Belarussian translation (by Maksim Tomkowicz)
  • Updated French translation (by VirtualTam)
  • Updated the Dutch localization (by Cris)
  • Fixed #314: Mac-specific: Do not enforce the default icon, allow icon customization. (by Tvangeste)
As usual, just unpack the archive on top of the latest Early Access build (#763!) and you're good to go.
Tvangeste

Postby hanyl05 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:01 am

Thanks for the update. Actually some stardict dictionaries also has seperate css files, which is quite annoying.
Is it possible to isolate stardict css files?
Regards,
hanyl05

Postby Tvangeste » Thu May 23, 2013 6:18 am

hanyl05 wrote:Thanks for the update. Actually some stardict dictionaries also has seperate css files, which is quite annoying.
Is it possible to isolate stardict css files?

And AARD dictionaries as well, as far as I can tell. Ideally, we should handle all theses cases, but currently only the MDX/MDD are processed, since they exhibit this problem quite often.
Tvangeste

PreviousNext

Return to General