New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

History Pane

General discussion

Re: History Pane

Postby mmmmmm » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:33 pm

Tvangeste , Extreme English (En-En)
can you share this
mmmmmm

Postby pesgd » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:09 pm

mmmmmm wrote:Tvangeste , Extreme English (En-En)
can you share this

looks interesting, I don´t have that one neither :mrgreen:
pesgd

Postby Tvangeste » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:17 pm

Guys, that Extreme English is not that good, and is mostly audio-dictionary, with huge size due to audio content (about 2 Gigs). I don't really use it as dictionary, I use it as stress-test for GoldenDict. :)
Tvangeste

Postby pesgd » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:27 pm

Tvangeste wrote:New version with some History-related bugfixes:

Download: GoldenDict-1.0.1-497-g77ded2c.rar - 1.83 MB

Changelog:
* Fixed #167: Not everything gets logged in History
* Update Argentinian Spanish translation
* Better way of dealing with adding title to history.

thanks for the history selecting 'tabs-below style', it´s the default view on my main GD install:

My portable GD, in which I plan to use only my essential dics, looks like this atm:
pesgd

Postby Tvangeste » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:50 am

pesgd wrote:thanks for the history selecting 'tabs-below style', it´s the default view on my main GD install:

Yes, you could tab the side panels. And it is useful to use Ctrl+H to show/hide the history pane, once tabbed it will be shown tabbed and visible, so that there is no need to use mouse and to go to History tab and click it. Just Ctrl+H to see the history and Ctrl+H to hide it.

pesgd wrote:My portable GD, in which I plan to use only my essential dics, looks like this atm:

You could use the following CSS to style the history pane to be in sync with your overall Black-Yellow style :)

Code: Select all
#historyList {
  font-weight: bold;
}

#historyList::item {
  background: black;
  color: yellow;
}

#historyList::item:selected {
  background: gray;
}
Tvangeste

Postby vjjustin » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:16 pm

Tvangeste wrote:Than you'll be glad to know that I've just pushed a new little feature to our repository: It is now possible to select just one article instead of entire content from all the dictionaries. :)

Use Ctrl+Shift+A to copy just the current article from the current dictionary. There is also a context menu for that:

Btw, jumping between articles (dictionaries) could be easily done via very useful shortcuts: Alt+Down and Alt+Up.

Boy, you are terrific!!! (Though you kept us waiting for more than a year with those UI changes :) )
I wonder how so many great guys ended up with this project; hats off, love and prayers...Long live
vjjustin

Postby pesgd » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:34 pm

Tvangeste wrote:You could use the following CSS to style the history pane to be in sync with your overall Black-Yellow style :)

Code: Select all
#historyList {
  font-weight: bold;
}

#historyList::item {
  background: black;
  color: yellow;
}

#historyList::item:selected {
  background: gray;
}

Awesome! thanks!!
pesgd

Postby eneji » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:02 pm

Hello, here is a description of a possible modification to the history pane. It revolves around changing the concept of what a history pane is, from a container of 'user entries' (words and non-words) to a container of 'dictionary words' (real words only). The question is why would anyone want to store a random strings of letters (non-words) in the history pane?

The main drawback of such model is the need to manually delete all user's misspellings every time he would like to check a definition of a word from his own memory. This can be solved by comparing whether the typed word is a real word found in any of the installed dictionaries in a given group including the morphology dictionary. Actually such comparison already takes place while searching for the definitions and the only additional operation to perform would be to apply a filter between the input bar and the history pane. With such filter only real words would be passed to the history pane, that is words whose definitions were found or words which were found in the morphology dictionary. This would make the history pane a history of dictionary look-ups instead of a history of random user entries.

Generally this should be an advanced option. The user may not have installed morphology dictionaries or his dictionaries may not contain the words he was interested in. For this reason by default the mentioned filter would be turned off.
eneji

Postby Tvangeste » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:58 pm

@eneji, there are also web-dictionaries and custom program-based dictionaries that always return something.
Tvangeste

Postby eneji » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:25 am

Indeed that would pose a problem.
eneji

PreviousNext

Return to General