New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

GoldenDict Portable Linux available - Early Access Builds

General discussion

Re: GoldenDict Portable Linux available - Early Access Build

Postby vjjustin » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:04 am

anyone, please?
vjjustin

Postby vjjustin » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:25 am

C. I run GoldenDict from a console and, although the application seems to run fine, a message is output: QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.

Just a quick note, this is easily solved by installing libgnomeui.

Code: Select all
yum install libgnomeui

At least in my case it solved the issue and from next start, goldendict started picking the current gtk theme.

See here for other workarounds: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=702493#c31

Justin
vjjustin

Postby chulai » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:58 pm

vjjustin wrote:
C. I run GoldenDict from a console and, although the application seems to run fine, a message is output: QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.

Just a quick note, this is easily solved by installing libgnomeui.

Code: Select all
yum install libgnomeui

At least in my case it solved the issue and from next start, goldendict started picking the current gtk theme.

See here for other workarounds: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=702493#c31

Justin

Thanks for the workaround. Unfortunately, this seems to also cause the no sound issue you experience. Undoing the yum install didn't go back to the previous working state. What you can do is download the AppDir file in E. and delete GoldenDict 1.0.1-268-gb43c446-x86_64.AppDir/usr/lib/libz.so.1
Then GD should take the libz lib in your system and sound should work again.
chulai

Postby vjjustin » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:33 am

That did the trick. Boy, you are a genius!

I never thought that the libgnomeui has anything do with the sound issue. I was trying to find out some hints from ur post and saw the issue you posted. I thought if I help you with that, you might be compelled to help me back. But it turns out that was indeed the issue. It is amusing how we developers find certain bugs/issues.

On the downside, I have a directory instead of a single file/application (the Appimage Assistant do not work on a 64 bit system and the iso file created with brasero (I know, I am dumb) is not recognised as an application/executable). Any suggestions?

Now with the history export option and the new notification system already incorporated, the only change that is missing from this is the changes that Transvagate made (The new search box and the overlay for matching words instead of the side panel. Also the (re)movable panel items). Goldendict rocks!

Thank you all.
vjjustin

Postby chulai » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:52 am

vjjustin wrote:On the downside, I have a directory instead of a single file/application (the Appimage Assistant do not work on a 64 bit system and the iso file created with brasero (I know, I am dumb) is not recognised as an application/executable). Any suggestions?

I have created a 64-bit version of AppImageAssistant. The one I used to create the 64-bit GoldenDict build. You can get it from http://www.mediafire.com/?acqdybjuad1qm94

This is AppImageAssistant-0.9.1 (made with AppImageKit-9). It works but it has the issue I mentioned in item "F".
AppImageAssistant-0.9.2 (made with AppImageKit-10) fixed that issue but it's giving me Segmentation Faults so I could not use it. I reported the issue in the portable linux apps forum: http://portablelinuxapps.org/forum/view ... t=271#p918

vjjustin wrote:Now with the history export option and the new notification system already incorporated, the only change that is missing from this is the changes that Transvagate made (The new search box and the overlay for matching words instead of the side panel. Also the (re)movable panel items). Goldendict rocks!

Thank you all.

You are not the only one waiting for those improvements to be incorporated. :roll:
chulai

Postby masterman » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:05 pm

That was awesome chulai. However in case of no permission for /dev/fuse which was also my problem, you can also guide people to add their user to "fuse" group which has read/write access to /dev/fuse
Thanks
masterman

Postby The waiter » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:20 pm

Hello Chulai. I've noticed there is a new version of GD. As I am an Ubuntu user I would like to have this version as portable. I don't like to compile it. I have not good experience with it. Is it an hard work to release the new portable version or new deb?

Thanx

Stefan
The waiter

Postby chulai » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:24 pm

New Early Access Build for Linux Portable: https://github.com/goldendict/goldendic ... x-Portable

GoldenDict 1.0.1-313-g83bdb1d

Most interesting changes (since the previous EA build):

* Add shortcut for show/hide history
* Import history from file
* Allow to turn on/off history in preferences
* Add word to history through context menu
* Close popup menus when ScanPopup window closes
* Adjust dictionary indexing
* Show/hide optional parts of articles (DSL dictionaries only)
* Support 64-bit index in AARD dictionaries
* Win-specific: Scan popup now work in GoldenDict article tabs
* Ctrl(Shift)+Click on "Found in dictionaries" pane do same action as on dictionary toolbar
* Update Russian translation
Last edited by chulai on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chulai

Postby The waiter » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:51 pm

Great, I will try it today

Thanx Chulai
The waiter

Postby chulai » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:18 am

New Early Access Build for Linux Portable: https://github.com/goldendict/goldendic ... x-Portable

GoldenDict 1.0.1-333-g8e4b384

Most interesting changes (since the previous EA build):

* Show information about a dictionary on right mouse click in "Found in" pane
* Win-specific: Show translation in popup window instead of sending word to GD main window while scanning GD main window
* Add "Dictionary info" item to dictionary bar context menu
* Own muted dictionaries list for each group
* Add option for word selection by single mouse click
* Dictionary bar solo mode: Ctrl+click turn on all dictionaries, Shift+click restore previous state
* Fix autoplay of some audiolinks
* "Sound" button on toolbar always play first obtained sound
* Support sound packs in zip archive (.zips)
* Add Alt+PgDown/PgUp shortcuts to select next/previous group
* Remove redundant spaces while translating clipboard
* Update Russian translation
chulai

PreviousNext

Return to General