New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

GoldenDict for Mac - displaying media

General discussion

Re: GoldenDict for Mac - displaying media

Postby chulai » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:16 pm

evenme wrote:Someone has a problem with the shortcut to get a translation (like inside Firefox, use Meta+C+C or any shortcut) nothing works. I couldn't make it work.

I don't understand what you mean. Mac version does not support Babylon BGL dictionaries, scanpopup and hotkeys. Those are well-known limitations.
chulai

Postby cka3o4h1k » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:01 pm

I found trick, when "Scan Popup" activated, copy text to clipboard and switch to golden dict
Problem in focus, i think it's not hard to fix, developers, please
cka3o4h1k

Postby chulai » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:14 pm

cka3o4h1k wrote:I found trick, when "Scan Popup" activated, copy text to clipboard and switch to golden dict
Problem in focus, i think it's not hard to fix, developers, please

You don't need to have focus in the search box to paste the content. Just switch to GoldenDict and press '⌘ + v' and the program should automatically perform the search.
chulai

Postby cka3o4h1k » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:10 pm

Mac version does not support... scanpopup and hotkeys. Those are well-known limitations.

but
I found trick, when "Scan Popup" activated, copy text to clipboard and switch to golden dict

understand?

for more usability i make automator service/app: save clipboard - copy in clipboard selected text - activate goldendict - restore old clipboard
after this i have scanpopup
additional i make extension for app Popclip, and now have goldendict scanpopup in one click

tip: popup work after hiding goldendict window (i set option for hide after press ESC), else work with goldendict main window
cka3o4h1k

Postby lex » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:23 pm

chulai wrote:Note: Babylon *.BGL files don't work. The same is true of scanpopup and hotkeys.

Hi
I saw a post GoldenDict for Mac - displaying media
I would like to ask if you have fixed the errors in goldendict for mac os x for the .bgl files
If not maybe you know a way to convert a .bgl files to .dsl or you have a converter to stardict
I tried to get the files from ruboard but without response(I ask them for Larousse compact .bgl files in .dsl format)
Thanks
lex
lex

Postby chulai » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:04 pm

lex wrote:I would like to ask if you have fixed the errors in goldendict for mac os x for the .bgl files

Not yet, sorry.
lex wrote:If not maybe you know a way to convert a .bgl files to .dsl or you have a converter to stardict
I tried to get the files from ruboard but without response(I ask them for Larousse compact .bgl files in .dsl format)
Thanks
lex

Use pyglossary to convert from bgl to stardict. You will need to install Python first in your system.
chulai

Postby leongeyer » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:10 pm

chulai wrote:I just uploaded a universal version (32-bit and 64-bit intel, no PPC support) of GoldenDict:

I agree with kaylee, chulai. It is great that attitudes like yours exist, working hard and sharing. Thank you, it is a great help
leongeyer

Postby chulai » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:11 pm

For anyone that might end up in this forum post by Googling there are more recent Early Access builds for Mac OS X.
chulai

Postby chulai » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:07 pm

lex wrote:
chulai wrote:Note: Babylon *.BGL files don't work. The same is true of scanpopup and hotkeys.

Hi
I saw a post GoldenDict for Mac - displaying media
I would like to ask if you have fixed the errors in goldendict for mac os x for the .bgl files
If not maybe you know a way to convert a .bgl files to .dsl or you have a converter to stardict
Thanks
lex

BGL indexing bug was recently fixed (Thanks to developer Abs62!) and now Mac GoldenDict finally supports Babylon BGL files.
You can download the last EA build on this link: https://github.com/goldendict/goldendic ... r-Mac-OS-X
chulai

Previous

Return to General