New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

two new ideas

General discussion

two new ideas

Postby potomak » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:54 am

Is this program still developed?

I have two ideas:

1. After highlighting a word in a translated text and pressing keyboard shortcut translate in main window. This is a feature similar to translate in pop-up. So, the outcome would be the same as if I copied a word from original text, pasted to goldendict and pressed enter. Is it technically possible at all? If not create please, an icon in pop-up that would open this word in main window, as it is possible in stardict (Query in the main window icon).

2. New search feature within definition of a translated word. There is this feature „save result” which saves definitions/result of the looked up word from all active dictionaries. So I wish I could search a specific word within those results in main window. Sometimes, especially when definitions are long it is hard to find the meaning we are looking for, especially when we have more then one dictionary active.
potomak

Re: two new ideas

Postby chulai » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:27 pm

potomak wrote:Is this program still developed?

Yes, you can find the last builds here https://github.com/goldendict/goldendic ... or-Windows

These are not release versions but early builds.

potomak wrote:1. After highlighting a word in a translated text and pressing keyboard shortcut translate in main window. This is a feature similar to translate in pop-up. So, the outcome would be the same as if I copied a word from original text, pasted to goldendict and pressed enter. Is it technically possible at all? If not create please, an icon in pop-up that would open this word in main window, as it is possible in stardict (Query in the main window icon).

Both features currently exist in the last early build.

send to main window instead of popup setting.png
send to main window instead of popup setting.png (72.91 KiB) Viewed 9569 times

send to main window.png
send to main window.png (46.95 KiB) Viewed 9569 times

potomak wrote:2. New search feature within definition of a translated word. There is this feature „save result” which saves definitions/result of the looked up word from all active dictionaries. So I wish I could search a specific word within those results in main window. Sometimes, especially when definitions are long it is hard to find the meaning we are looking for, especially when we have more then one dictionary active.

You can use Ctrl + F to search in the results. See screenshot.

search in results.png
search in results.png (100.49 KiB) Viewed 9569 times
chulai

Postby potomak » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:52 pm

That's fantastic. I'm very happy.
Do you have any idea when stable version for linux source code (or prefereably .deb) will be released?
potomak

Postby ikm » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:20 am

We're waiting for some features to get merged into the main tree - then we could make the release.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby stayfi » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:47 pm

is there: a "translation on double clicking the word"
stayfi

Postby chulai » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:07 pm

stayfi wrote:is there: a "translation on double clicking the word"

No, there is no mouse events support in GoldenDict. If you are under Windows, you might create a script with AutoHotkey. http://www.autohotkey.com/
If you do, I would like to see such script.

Thanks,

Chulai
chulai

Postby stayfi » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:25 pm

No

It's implemented on Lingoes: "translate selected text" then "on double-click" settings.
Handy, and because i want to leave Lingoes for Goldendict.
stayfi

Return to General