New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Some features for inclusion and spanish translation offering

General discussion

Some features for inclusion and spanish translation offering

Postby chulai » Wed May 04, 2011 11:21 am

Hello, I cloned the main repository of GoldenDict and have been playing with it for a while. I just uploaded some enhancements and I would like to see if it is possible to merge them to the main repository for future releases. I'm going to create a merge request for it in Gitorious.

These are the 3 changes I did:

* close main window on ESC (additionally to Ctrl + F4).
- requested here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=898&p=4068&
- and here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=716&p=3045
* pin in popup setting is now remembered on restart.
- requested by me here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=898&p=4068&
* support Shift + Enter and Shift + double click to open a definition in a new tab (Opera browser standard) in addition to Ctrl + Enter and Ctrl + double click (other browsers standard). The selection with Shift + double click is not as perfect as with Ctrl + double click but it's ok.
- requested by me here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=898&p=4068&

I tested all my changes on Windows 7 64-bit and Ubuntu 11.04.

Finally, I could provide an spanish translation for GD if nobody is working on one already.

Regards,

Julián
chulai

Re: Some features for inclusion and spanish translation offe

Postby ikm » Thu May 05, 2011 5:08 am

chulai wrote:* close main window on ESC (additionally to Ctrl + F4).

A lot of people already rely on Esc to move focus to the translation line. And that's how it works in Stardict, too. What would you say to them?

Everything else seems fine.

And your Spanish translation is most certainly welcome! There was a person working on it previously, but I haven't heard from him since last November, so we can reasonably assume no one is working on it now.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby Gloggy » Thu May 05, 2011 7:09 am

ikm wrote:A lot of people already rely on Esc to move focus to the translation line. And that's how it works in Stardict, too. What would you say to them?

Make an option 8-)
Gloggy
Модератор

Postby chulai » Fri May 06, 2011 11:05 am

ikm wrote:
chulai wrote:* close main window on ESC (additionally to Ctrl + F4).

A lot of people already rely on Esc to move focus to the translation line. And that's how it works in Stardict, too. What would you say to them?

Everything else seems fine.

And your Spanish translation is most certainly welcome! There was a person working on it previously, but I haven't heard from him since last November, so we can reasonably assume no one is working on it now.

I understand your concern. Do you think we could add a checkbox option under Edit > Preferences > Interface and just below "Double-click translates the world click" that says "Enable ESC key to hide the main window (disable this key to focus on translation line)" ? By default we could have this checkbox unchecked to support the focus on translation line (GD current behaviour). I could do the changes if you're ok with it.

We could also add this option under Edit > Preferences > Hotkeys, but I think we need to create a group for Global hotkeys and another for local hotkeys.

What do you think?
chulai

Postby ikm » Fri May 06, 2011 11:59 pm

chulai wrote:add a checkbox option under Edit > Preferences > Interface and just below "Double-click translates the world click" that says "Enable ESC key to hide the main window (disable this key to focus on translation line)" ?

Yes, this sounds right. For brevity, I'd suggest calling this option "ESC key hides main window".
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby chulai » Sat May 07, 2011 3:29 pm

Done! You can grab all the changes from the same merge request at https://gitorious.org/goldendict/golden ... requests/5
I'm going to start working on the spanish translation.
chulai

Postby ikm » Sun May 08, 2011 9:30 pm

Merged, thanks.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby chulai » Sun May 08, 2011 10:37 pm

Thanks. I just sent another merge request: I added an option under Network prefererences to enable the web browser plugins. This way, websites such as howjsay.com and dictionary.com can work. I use them mostly for word pronunciation. It was an issue reported in these posts:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1072
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=764
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=898 (that's me :))

Hope can make it to the mainline code.

Julián
chulai

Postby ikm » Mon May 09, 2011 12:42 am

Merged.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby chulai » Sat May 28, 2011 10:47 pm

ikm,

I just sent you a merge request for 2 commits:
* Option to use small icons in toolbars of main window. Minor changes to add a new option under View menu to use small icons on dictionary and navigation toolbars of the main window only. Tested on Windows 7 64-bit and Ubuntu 11.04.
* Argentinian Spanish translation. It's complete and proofread.

I usually do a git rebase of my branch to put my local unreleased changes on top of any released changes that come from the main repository. Then I force a push to my remote cloned repo. Just to avoid merging on both sides. Hope that this doesn't cause any issues.

Julián
chulai

Next

Return to General