New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Successfully changed interface language to English

General discussion

Successfully changed interface language to English

Postby bugmenot1 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:15 pm

When you install, even a freshly compiled, Goldendict under LINUX Manjaro or ARCH LINUX it opens up with Russian as interface language. As i can´ t read Russian (yet) i tried every single menu point searching for something like язык and английский (language and English).
I found it in the third menu item, last entry (the one with the spanner, meaning preferences), easier reachable by pressing F4. In the last line of the pop-up there are two language related entries, the left is interface and the right one help language.
OK, i changed that to английский, no reaction, still Russian. Hmm. maybe program has to be restarted? Done so, still Russian. Crap, these are the only two entries in the entire menu (I tried them all) which are language related. I looked up the forum to no avail. And no it is certainly not compiled with only Russian as interface language.

After changing language on F4 pop-up you have to LOG OUT and in again. DONE! Now the interface presents itself in English.

Dear programmers, please, can you make that a little bit easier?
bugmenot1

Re: Successfully changed interface language to English

Postby francesinha » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:08 pm

Thank you for sharing! :idea: :)
francesinha

Return to General