New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

custom font on Android (and Devanagārī script)

Mobile version discussion

custom font on Android (and Devanagārī script)

Postby shubham » Thu May 08, 2014 1:33 am

Hi,

To any devs who read this: thank you so much for this amazingly useful piece of software! I haven't found anything better for Sanskrit dictionary lookups than Goldendict. I enthusiastically recommend it to all of my students (with proselytizing fervor).

My question concerns changing the font on Android. I've changed it using the article-style.css in the .config folder (based in part on http://goldendict.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ#How_do_I_change_fonts_for_only_a_specific_language.3F), which at present consists of:
_______

@font-face
{
font-family: "Santipur OT";
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
font-stretch: normal;
src: url('file:///sdcard/GoldenDict/.config/SantipurOT.ttf');
}

body
{
font-size: 20px;
line-height: 120%;
background: darkkhaki;
}

:lang(sa), .gdlangfrom-sa
{
}

:lang(en), .gdlangfrom-en
{
}
_________

(All of my dictionaries are either sa-en or sa-sa.) My problem is that only the lines of text that don't have the devanāgarī script in them are changed to my custom font (Santipur OT), while the entire lines which do have any devanāgarī in them remain in the old default font. Not sure what I've done wrong or why I would get this behavior. I've cleared the cache many times and also rebooted, so there must be a setting I'm missing. Thanks for your assistance!
shubham

Return to Mobile