New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

GoldenDict on android- Very simple GUI and functionality

Mobile version discussion

GoldenDict on android- Very simple GUI and functionality

Postby leoram » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:15 am

Hi,

Very delighted with GoldenDict that I paid for the purchase version. The plus point I see on GD for Android is that it is capable of handling my favorite dictionaries (multiple formats). Yes, but that is all around my delight. In every other aspect it is too simple and limited. --Any plans to revamp GD on Android? --Do you, developer(s), have a road-map that you would be willing to publicize?

I'm quite impressed with the fact that many free dictionaries even with less reputation have more features. Why is this so considering the plethora of functionality of its desktop version? I would like for example (feature request):

1 - Enhancement of the history feature. GD mobile is surprisingly very tight and simple as it is now. It doesn't allow me to delete an entry or edit it. I would also like to be able to access it through a dedicated and visible button. Also, for me it is important to be able to export the history to a text file or even to share it with other apps.

2- Manage dictionaries is also pretty simple. I would like to be able to do more with it. For example be able to group or categorize dictionaries.

3- Mark words as favorite.

4- At least some of the features the desktop version has.

That's all for the moment. Thank you and looking forward to changes.

leoram.
leoram

Return to Mobile