New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Many dictionaries are not available

Mobile version discussion

Many dictionaries are not available

Postby ilmarij » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:57 pm

Many dictionaries recommended on goldendict website are not valid any more.

traduko.lib.ru/lingvo.html
xdxf.revdanica.com/down/ (sourceforge file xdxf_lousy.dtd does not load with goldendict mobile)

Besides babylon site offers exe-files which don't include goldendict compatible bgl-files.

My question is, is there any free dictionary (in example wiktionary, science, english-finnish) for goldendict which is free and usable with mobile version of goldendict? I've paid for the app with the assumption that it is compatible with many dictionaries just to find out later that they are almost all out of reach.

I appreciate any help. Thanks!
ilmarij

Re: Many dictionaries are not available

Postby chulai » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:36 pm

You have ton of dictionaries in stardict, babylon or lingvo format. Have you tried the links here http://goldendict.mobi/dictionaries.php ?
In the case of Babylon dictionaries when you find one you want to download just click in the link "Add this Glossary".
If you use Windows you can download the free version of Babylon and download the dictionaries from inside the program. Then search for the BGL files in you computer. Usually they are located in "C:\Documents and Settings\[userName]\Local Settings\Application Data\Babylon" OR "C:\Users\(userName)\AppData\Local\Babylon"
chulai

Postby ilmarij » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:05 am

Thank very much you for replying! I hadn't tried that link yet. It was very helpful. So babylon dictionaries require a pc? I have only a android phone with me.
ilmarij

Postby chulai » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:45 pm

The easiest way is to use a PC, not need to have Windows. If you follow the explanation in the link I sent you and click in the link "Add this Glossary" when in Babylon site you can download the BGL file. And maybe you can do that in your Android phone and then use some sort of File Manager app to copu the downlaoded file into the folder that GoldenDict app looks for.

If you don't want to use the trick explained in the link then with Windows+Babylon free you can download the files from inside the program and then look for them in the foldesr I wrote before and finally copy all of them to the SD card of your phone.

So you have 2 options, one of them could even work from your Android phone if you can then get access to the file in the SD card.
chulai

Return to Mobile