New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

[NST] Nook Simple Touch, "invisible" text on menu

Mobile version discussion

[NST] Nook Simple Touch, "invisible" text on menu

Postby johhosoe48 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:24 pm

Thanks for the greatest dictionary app on the market! :D Just a request for a simple fix for the benefit of rooted Nook Touch users using GoldenDict. On the "choose language pair" menus, the text is displayed as white on a white bacground, making it essentially invisible on the Nook Touch. Would you be able to fix this?

All it takes for the Nook would be specifiying the background color. For example, in res\layout\choose_language_pair.xml specify the background as black with android:background="@android:color/black":

Code: Select all
<LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"  android:background="@android:color/black" xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">

Similarly, in res\layout\choose_recent_language_pairs.xml

Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:background="@android:color/black" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <TextView android:textAppearance="?android:textAppearanceLarge" android:id="@id/textView1" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="5.0px" android:text="@string/recent_pairs" />

If it gets fixed, you can count on me to do some promotion on the various Nook related forums. ;) Thanks!
johhosoe48

Re: [NST] Nook Simple Touch, "invisible" text on menu

Postby crafunzio » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:16 am

This is not fixed yet. I have to randomly guess where I am touching. Looks like devs don't care very much about nook users.
crafunzio

Return to Mobile