New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

swe-swe .dat .idx help

Mobile version discussion

swe-swe .dat .idx help

Postby suahi78 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:41 am

Hi i using Eng-Swe dictionary on goldendict and it works perfect, altought i am needing a swedish-swedish dictionary more and i havent find one stardict or babylon etc that works..

altought i found a swedish synonym book that is for openoffice, i dont know if it works. http://extensions.services.openoffice.o ... t/SweThes/
When i downloaded the zip file contained a .dat and a .idx and i put it on my android device under the goldendict map on the same way i did with the eng-swe but nothing happened and nothing came up under the dictionary list.

i thought my eng-swe dic is (.ifo / .dict / .idx / .syn) files but the dictionary above is only idx and .dat and maybe something is missing? is it even possible? (is .dat an audio file)?

thank you for your help i am desperate to find a swe-swe wordbook. and i all new to this

/thanks
suahi78

Re: swe-swe .dat .idx help

Postby chulai » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:02 pm

You need to create a .ifo file. Use the other dictionary as an example.
chulai

Postby suahi78 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:38 pm

It didnt work for me, no new didctionary was showed when i started.. I created an .ifo file like you say (altough i don't know if it's was correct, cause wasnt 100% on wordcount).

In the dicitionary map there are
.dat
.ifo
.idx

I thought it was supposed to be
.dic.dz
.ifo
.idx

are you sure it work with .dat?
Can someone try the dictionary i posted and see if it works?
/thanks
suahi78

Postby chulai » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:38 pm

Hi, I just followed the link. I just downloaded a OXT file (OpenOffice extension) not a zip file. If you got a zip then is an issue with your web browser:
Note: some browsers may download the extension as a .zip file; if this happens rename the downloaded file from .zip to .oxt

Finally, Goldendict does not support oxt files.

Regards,
Chulai
chulai

Return to Mobile