New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

word research button(solved)

Mobile version discussion

word research button(solved)

Postby wangme » Wed May 02, 2012 9:23 pm

Hi everyone, I have been using Goldendict for long time and appreciate a lot it's speed. But when I'm searching word one thing keeps bothering me. Say that I get 5 dictionnaries for french and the answer I want is in the 5th dict. I would have to scroll the dict content to the top before I can do another research. It's very time-consuming and annoying. One would say that we can use the 'jump to' funcntion to go to the top but still it's a great problem.

Another problem not so annoying but kinda troublesome that when I do a search in certain dict and after sometime want to do another one, the search content is still there and I have to remove it before another search.

Last little suggestion is about the scan pop-up, if there is a little button to go back to the pdf reader it would really be nice. Or you can move the back button to right coz it's more comfortable and easy to press for right-handed users(which is the majority).

In spite of all these little troubles Goldendict is still the best android app by far! (although the Bluedict is also not bad but it's dics are not well-made and display issues are a little bit overwhelming...)

For those who encounter the same problem as me:

1, Remap your virtual key configuration
2, Use some virtual button bar app(more efficient than the system bar now hided for good by me)
Last edited by wangme on Thu May 03, 2012 11:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
wangme

Re: word research button

Postby ikm » Wed May 02, 2012 11:27 pm

If you have a 'search' button on your device, use it to get to word input fast. Otherwise use the 'menu' button to show the input, then click on the input.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby wangme » Thu May 03, 2012 7:21 am

Hi tks for the quick reply. I'm using a tablet(htc flyer) on which there is no search button and when i open the menu there are only rescan dict, toogle toolbar, manage dicts etc... So no way to input the word fast. Don't know if it's a device problem or not.
wangme

Postby wangme » Thu May 03, 2012 7:40 am

Ok i searched and it turns out it's htc's idea to cancel the search button... Strange people... Still please consider this possibilty and the 'search in tne dict' problem.
wangme

Postby wangme » Thu May 03, 2012 11:24 am

For those who encounter the same problem as me:

1, Remap your virtual key configuration
2, Use some virtual button bar app(more efficient than the system bar now hided for good by me)
wangme

Return to Mobile