New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Moving dictionaries to an SD card in Android 4.4+

Mobile version discussion

Moving dictionaries to an SD card in Android 4.4+

Postby erintiransom » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 pm

Hi,

Since Android 4.4, Google has limited the data one can move into an SD card -unless you root your phone. Only apps and Android itself can move files, but Solid Explorer or other file browsers can't ("this is caused by new external storage policy introduced by Google in Android 4.4").

I would suggest or request changes to GoldenDict for Android -at least for the paid version, which I paid for- so the app itself can move the dictionaries into the SD card. The option of "extra folder" or "additional folder" is not useful anymore -unless one wants two different folders in the memory of the device, I guess some people might need that.

Thank you very much!
erintiransom

Re: Moving dictionaries to an SD card in Android 4.4+

Postby erintiransom » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:09 am

This is sort of urgent. I got a very nice new phone, one of its very few issues is that it only comes with 16 Gb of internal memory, and Android and apps take almost all of it. I have 29 Gb free in an SD card, but can't move my big dictionaries into it. I assume other people might have the same problem.
erintiransom

Return to Mobile