New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

EPWING support

Mobile version discussion

EPWING support

Postby shramana » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:12 am

There are many quality EPWING dictionaries, and, for now, as I understand it, EBPocket is the only EPWING dictionary app on Android that's worth paying money.

I know the early release of GoldenDict for PC already supports EPWING, so I'd like to know if there's a plan to support EPWING format in GoldenDict mobile as well.

Thank you.
shramana

Re: EPWING support

Postby bits » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:58 pm

I am also very interested in EPWING support for the Android version. I've discovered GoldenDict because of the EPWING support in the Linux desktop version and really fallen in love with it. Hence when I found out that there is an Android version, but that it doesn't support EPWING, I was quite disappointed.

While there are some other dictionary apps for Android that support EPWING (EBPocket and DroidWing), none of them supports all the great features of GoldenDict, such as AnkiDroid integration and dictionaries in other formats.

As it is already supported in the desktop version I hope it is not much work to add this feature to the Android version. I would be more than happy to buy the app, but EPWING support is a fundamental requirement for me, and I think for many other Japanese learners and native speakers as well.

Many thanks,

Samuel
bits

Return to Mobile