New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

How to make sound work?

Mobile version discussion

How to make sound work?

Postby touchtop » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:06 am

Hi,
i installed GDict in my Acer A500,it works great,but i can't make sound work(i used babylon , lingoes and stardict dictionaries),
how can i do it?
thank u very much
touchtop

Re: How to make sound work?

Postby chulai » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi! Can you be more specific?
1) Which android version you have?
2) Which dictionaries are you trying to use?
3) Are you sure those dictionaries have sounds? Note that most dictionaries don't do.

In any case, I have installed several dictionaries with sounds in my cellphone and all work great!
chulai

Postby touchtop » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:29 pm

thank u for your reply.
now i installed free version in my A500(Android 3.2).
i tried to use several dictionaries in stardict ,lingoes and babylon format.i put sound files(mp3 and wave) in \sdcard\GoldDict\,but the speaker icon always can't be clicked.
i know i must make something wrong,can u tell me which dictionaries u used and can play sounds?so i can test in my tablet and make sure what mistakes i have met.
thank u again.
touchtop

Postby chulai » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:47 pm

Unfortunately, all my dictionaries with sounds are in DSL lingvo format. I don't have any babylon or lingoes dictionary with sounds.
For dsl dictionaries:
1) compress all sounds files with zip.
2) if the dsl dictionary file name is "mydictionary.dsl" then rename the zip file to "mydictionary.files.zip"
3) store both files in the same folder and GoldenDict will find the sounds. This is the same for both the desktop version and the mobile version.
chulai

Postby touchtop » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:32 pm

now sound works well when i installed oald8 dsl file and put sound files in ####.files.zip,thank u,i love gdict :)

btw,i cann't find en-en oald8 image files,who can share it ?
touchtop

Return to Mobile