New user registration is currently disabled due to spam abuse / Регистрация новых пользователей в настоящее время приостановлена из-за злоупотреблений спаммерами

Help buying this app!!!

Mobile version discussion

Help buying this app!!!

Postby ales » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:37 pm

Hello, dear author and every user! I love goldendict for android very much, and i want to purchase it. But I'm a chinese and i live in China, there's no way to buy apps via Android Market. Can you offer another selling method, by local distributors, for instance? By the way, If you can give me a paid version for free, i would be very very thankful. :D Anyway, i can pay in chinese yuan, just donot know how to pay.
ales

Re: Help buying this app!!!

Postby ikm » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:35 pm

Hmm. So how DO Chinese people usually buy apps on Android?
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby C2BlEv » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:00 pm

Google has not opened its Android Market in China (it could be because of the recent spat between the Chinese authorities and Google and the recent attack on Gmail accounts) or possibly it was the Chinese government that closed the Android Market in China.

There are a number of local alternatives that provide local programs and repackaged pirated programs. There are reports that these repacks come with trojans and malware.

Ales, I know that there is Amazon in China. Does it also have its Appstore for Android there? If so, this could be a solution if ikm decides to release GD on Amazon's Appstore as well.
C2BlEv
Модератор

Postby ales » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:17 am

Thanks for reply. The china amazon does not have app market. Maybe it's possible to purchase via google android market, but it would be very complicated for me and many other users.
ales

Postby chigre-GD » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:37 am

I'm a chinese too. Strong wish to buy the GoldenDict Paid version...
How???
A paypal? or pay on Taobao.com(淘宝)?
chigre-GD

Postby ikm » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:09 am

This is being worked on. When a way appears, I'll notify all interested parties.
ikm
Автор GoldenDict

Postby yx_wh » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:55 pm

ikm wrote:This is being worked on. When a way appears, I'll notify all interested parties.

How is it going now?
Amazon Appstore for Android is available in China now.
I would like to see GoldenDict becomes available at amazon.cn.
(Many Android devices in China cannot run Google Play without root, but things are different with Amazon's Store.)
yx_wh

Return to Mobile